Probably, every woman dreams of becoming slim and fit, have a well-shaped body and stay attractive irrespective of her age. I am not an exception, so I had a period in my life when I was very decisive and I took a choice to change my body, my eating habits and lifestyle. Everything began when I was around 30 years old and my body started wrinkling and looking bad. I came across an article in my favorite magazine with great recommendations about muscle growing for women, tips for healthy changes and other useful information. So, I made up my mind to go in for sports and become really slim and sporty.
While it is a usual thing for men, the task was a bit more complicated for me, as for a woman. There is a smaller number of different workout programs, eating plans and general tips for a successful muscle growth process. However, I started the search and found an immense quantity of female muscle growth stories with sample plans, programs and other stuff necessary for the achievement of my aim. Surely, I spent a lot of time making my own route, but the effect was impressive and the result was worth the effort. Thus, today I wish to share my story and, most importantly, give you my own recommendations that helped me make my dreams come true and change my body dramatically. Within just a year of active workouts, healthy, balanced diet and right regime I became a real sportswoman participating in diverse competitions and shows.
Psychological Attitude Is Half the Battle
The first few things I would like to emphasize on are the decision, emotional attitude, perseverance and determination. If you think that the process of growing muscle is simple, I can confirm that you are wrong. However, if you have proper mindset and commitment, you will move mountains.
From my personal experience I can say that I started muscle growing programs thousands of times, but every such attempt lasted for approximately a month, not longer. I always had other businesses to do, I had no time for exercising, I was too busy to eat healthy food and, finally, I failed to change my body every time I started doing this. But when I made a strong decision and promised myself to start the changes, I managed to do it. So, the first lesson I wished to share during the female mass increase process is correct mindset.
Modify Your Lifestyle – Notice the Results
While you are ready to work out and start the muscle growing process, you should start with the change of your daily routine. For every woman it works differently, but personally I made a special plan for a month, pre-planning all the training, special occasions and exclusive days, connected with my muscle growing process. Besides, I downloaded a special application on my phone to track the progress and write down the transformations. Oh, yes, my plan worked out, and in a month I noticed all the differences between my old and new lives. I continued planning the routine during the first three months until I got used to that and took it for granted. Afterwards, I had no extra concerns about planning and compiling programs, as it was already my habit.
To give you a clearer idea of what I am talking about I wish to show you an approximate schedule of my day during the mass gaining process:
- 6 a.m. – I get up, drink a full glass of water;
- 6.30 a.m. – it is time for usual routines, like taking a shower, brushing teeth, etc.;
- 7 a.m. – time for a sophisticated breakfast, full of protein, minerals and vitamins, necessary for energy production and muscle growing (the list of preferable products will be provided later);
- 8 a.m. – I have a little fitness time that allows me to keep energized during the whole day and keep fresh until the main training;
- 8.30 a.m. – a morning run;
- 9 a.m. – the beginning of my working day;
- 11 a.m. – snack;
- 1 p.m. – lunch;
- 3 p.m. – snack;
- 4 p.m. – a full complex training for effective muscle growth that lasts around two hours;
- 6.30 p.m. – dinner;
- 7.30 p.m. – evening exercises;
- 8 p.m. – a small snack;
- 10 p.m. – time to go to bed.
Despite daily activities were always different and the time was not the same every day, the crucial features remained permanent: much exercising, active lifestyle, regular workouts and frequent but small meals rich in necessary nutrients. It is, actually, the most generalized formula of my success. Nevertheless, even following a proper schedule and other rules, it is inevitable to pay due attention to intensive workouts aimed at muscle growth and eating plan, that also speeds up the effect.
List of 5 Products that Made My Muscles Grow
When I decided to grow muscles and become fit, I reviewed thousands of female muscle growth stories and the first point that was always highlighted was a balanced and healthy diet. So, the next point in my to-do list was selecting the necessary products required for muscle growing. Besides, I had to eliminate the consumption of foods, stimulating fat storage in the organism. Proper nutrition helped me gain even more muscle mass even without more intensive training. The most complicated issue I faced at this stage was smart muscle gaining with balanced working out and healthy diet. Though, at last, I managed to single out 10 products that provided me with all the necessary ingredients to increase my muscle mass and boost my strength and endurance.
Even though some foods may differ depending on a person, my list of preferable products contained the following products:
- Fruits and vegetables are the core of my breakfasts and snacks. They stimulate proper functioning of the immune system, are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients, including vitamins C, E and beta-carotene.
- Cottage cheese helped me gain body muscle mass the most. It is full of pure casein protein that is ideal for muscle maintaining. Besides, it contains Vitamin B12 and calcium that keep the bones strong and healthy. However, my advice here is to purchase non-fat or, at least, low-fat cheese for a better result.
- Lean beef is the main product you should take if you are striving to grow muscles. I ate lean beef once every two days and I regret nothing. The product contains all the nutrients conducive to muscle gaining, such as zinc, iron, B-vitamins, protein, amino acid, etc. So, while I received all the inevitable components for effective muscle growing, I gained no extra calories. What can be better?
- Chicken breast works approximately like beef, as it is an incredible source of protein indispensable for muscle growing, maintenance and repair. Additionally, all these ingredients helped me balance my weight.
- Eggs are also a part of my breakfast, as they have all the nutrients required for an active muscle gaining process. Vitamin D, choline, amino acids, right fats and surely protein – all these ingredients helped me stay satiated and toned during the day.
There is no doubt, these products helped me increase the muscle mass and become ‘bigger’, though it was not enough for me. To gain a fit body I started more intensive training, focused not only on the general health condition, but also on transformation of my muscles. My workout plan featured rotation of heavy and cardio days that made a blast. I was working in the gym, so used a lot of different equipment. What was the most complicated for me? The first point I told you about – perseverance and endurance. Although I was quite decisive, I had a lot of doubts during heavy training days. The program I used was pre-planned for three months and split into upper and lower body workouts. Additionally, there were low intensity trainings and days off. Such a change in movements and intensity of training helped me keep fresh and encouraged.
So a sample week of my program is the following:
- Monday is the beginning of the week, so you need to fill yourself with positive energy and mindset for the whole day. I usually had really heavy lower body training.
- Tuesday is the upper body day with the same heavy exercises.
- Wednesday is a kind of a relaxed day, when I have cardio recovery as a rule and simple, steady state, low intensity training.
- Thursday – lower body pump, heavy.
- Friday – upper body pump, heavy.
- Saturday – cardio day, with low intensity training.
- Sunday – a day off with no exercising, just proper eating.
Surely, trainings were different every week, with various exercises and intervals, thought the aim remained the same. Finally, I want to finish my story with encouragement for every woman who wishes to start body changes, but doubts whether the whole female muscle growth process is possible. Never hesitate, stay resolute and view my achievements as a reliable proof of the mentioned facts.