Products for Blister on Penis Treatment:
One of the most embarrassing conditions that can ever affect the male’s body is the appearance of blister on penis. Reasons of its occurrence can be very different. And both non-sexually and sexually transmitted diseases are in their list. What are the common diseases that have blisters on penis as their symptoms? There are several of them. Paying attention to them allows you being more educated about the condition, thus the fighting and treatment process has chances to bring fast results.
Blister on Penis: Main Causes of the Condition
- Genital Herpes
Herpes on penis is a very common STD. Nearly 80% of males are unaware of the infection that they have. It is triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus that is acquired through the contact with mucosal surface of the one, who excretes the virus. The first stage of the condition is typically accompanied by the presence of very painful blisters as well as sallow ulcers that have the red base. They all open within several days after occurrence, crust over and then heal.
There are treatment options for genital herpes, but there is no cure. As to the treatment, it is based on relieving basic symptoms, early healing as well as the decrease of symptoms duration.
Eczema on penis is a very serious condition that is frequently followed by blisters. The blisters that appear due to eczema are accompanied with allergies and burns. Irritation is present as well. Itching and redness can become really severe, and bumps spread to other body parts.
- Primary Syphilis
Blisters appear as the first symptoms of primary syphilis. They usually disappear on their own with time, but syphilis remains in the body. If a male leaves this condition untreated, the condition has a negative impact on the brain, heart as well as many other organs. What’s the result? This may lead to organ failure or death. Whenever the first blisters on penis appear, it is important to seek medical help.
It is true that this infection type is common for females, yet it can affects males, too. It causes blisters, redness, itching and swelling. Blisters are usually white-colored and thick. Treating them at home is practically impossible as it is essential to address the infection.
- Rough Masturbation/Sex
This is a real surprise for most males, but rough sex may lead to the occurrence of penis blister. The lack of lubrication during sex and masturbation leads to soreness. What’s the way out? A male should address the trigger: use adequate amount of lubrication during sexual intercourse to prevent blisters from occurring. The ones that have already appeared will vanish on their own.
Blisters are characteristic features of skin cancer of the penis. They are accompanied by sores that don’t heal and ooze fluid or bleed. This cause is surely less common than the above-mentioned ones, but it is possible and very serious. If you have the first symptoms and suspicions, please address your doctor.
When it is limited to penis, the condition is extremely rare. As a rule it acts along with Pemphigus lesions on other body parts. The most affected area is the penis. Blisters on it become very painful and large.
When follicles are infected they lead to the appearance of pus-filled blisters on penis. They occur around the hair shaft. The condition is never contagious. It can clear up without additional treatment required. A male with a history of Folliculitis should pay much attention to his hygiene.
- Bullous Impetigo
It occurs on different body areas including the penile one. In rare cases it is limited to the penile area only due to the moisture and warmth of the genital area that are a favorable condition for the growth of bacteria.
- Fixed Drug Eruption
There are several kinds of the condition depending on the clinical features. Blisters are the commonest. The stinging and burning sensations are always present. They are accompanied by abdominal discomfort, fever and malaise. Lesions usually heal with dark pigmentation that lasts for several months. If the drug is taken again, they reoccur on the same place. So, it is better to avoid the offending medication to prevent fixed drug eruption.
It is a parasite infection that leads to rash and itching, small blisters on penis as well as other body parts. The infection is spread via sexual intercourse, yet other ways are possible as well: sharing clothing, bedding and personal items.
Is it possible to treat the condition? Prescription creams often help. If they don’t lead to desired effects, oral medications are prescribed. When a male is infected, he needs to disinfect his clothing, carpeting and bedding where the parasites hide.
What Are the Symptoms of Blisters on Penis?
It is hard to find a more vivid symptom than a blister itself, isn’t it? Yet, the occurrence of a blister on penis head may be accompanied by other signs. They differ depending on the disease that has provoked the bumps.
Infections: if infections are the main causes, the skin becomes red and blisters burst easily (Bullous impetigo); blisters are tiny and the skin may tingle, itch or become red before they appear (herpes); coxsackievirus causes blisters on other body parts, too (mouth, feet, hands).
Skin diseases: when they are the key triggers, the main symptoms are sore throat and genitals, muscle pain and cough. Dermatitis causes itchy blisters, while those from Pemphigus break easily, but tend to leave very painful areas.
Medications: a real surprise for many males is the fact that there are medications that may cause blood blisters on penis, respiratory passages and gastrointestinal tract. The condition is very serious and can’t be neglected.
How to Treat Blisters on Penis?
There are many general measures to be taken. Most of them seem to be pretty simple, yet they are helpful in cases the first signs of blisters occur:
- Take painkillers that help in easing pain;
- Use anesthetics that relieve both pain and itching, if any are present. Most males apply ointments for 5-10 minutes before they pass urine as it helps relieve pain. However, there are men, who are very sensitive to different gels as they suffer from serious symptoms. Before choosing any anesthetic, please have professional consultation first;
- If you experience pain when passing urine, it is essential to make the process less painful by passing it while in a warm bath or with water that is flowing over the genital area;
- Wrap some ice in a towel and place it over the blisters for 10 minutes maximum. The soothing effect is promised. You should better not apply the ice directly as it leads to the condition called ‘ice burn’;
- Forget about various scented soaps and bubble bath. They always irritate even the smallest blister on penis. Use gentle cleaning with salt or plain water and cotton wool. Dry the area with a hairdryer as it’s more comfortable than with a towel;
- Drink more water to make the urine less strong, thus – less concentrated. Then passing urine will be easier;
- Use lubricants during sexual activity to eliminate the trigger of blisters reoccurrence.
If genital herpes is the cause, it cannot be cured, yet it can be effectively treated with antiviral medications. Why them? There are three main reasons:
- They relieve both pain and discomfort during outbreaks and help in healing the sores. Antivirals meds work much better when the attacks are first, but later outbreaks will need a more professional approach;
- During repeated outbreaks these meds can be taken daily to prevent further cases, yet not to treat the present ones. Antivirals will reduce the chance of giving the disease to a partner;
- Repeated outbreaks can’t be treated with antivirals only, but they help cope with burning, itching and tingling.
Such medications often have side effects that cannot be neglected. These are rash and seizures, fatigue or headache, tremor or nausea. In order to eliminate their risks and prevent reoccurrence, follow the recommendations of your healthcare provider.
No matter what the trigger is, the condition should be taken seriously. It is more than just embarrassing or the one that brings discomfort. It is the sign of a serious health condition that should be treated immediately. Millions of males worldwide have suffered, suffer now or will suffer from it one day. And sooner or later they all go through a treatment process, why can’t you do the same?